Capital Area Alliance for the Homeless & Society of Saint Vincent DePaul of Baton Rouge
GCHP Role: Owner/Developer
Units : 36
Budget: $ 8.4 Million
Location: 153 N. 17th Street Baton Rouge , LA 70802
The Capital Area Alliance for the Homeless, Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Baton Rouge and Gulf Coast Housing Partnership collaborated in a holistic approach to end homelessness in Baton Rouge by building a new state-of-the-art housing and services facility.
The One Stop Homeless Services Center, a vision of the Capital Area Alliance for the Homeless since 2004, represents an innovative approach to providing a full range of “Continuum of Care” support services to Baton Rouge’s homeless and those at-risk of becoming homeless, incorporating 36 units of permanent supportive housing within the facility’s campus.
Services available, both to the residents and day population, include, but are not limited to:
• On-site primary medical, dental and pharmacy services
• Outreach & case management
• Behavioral health services & mental health screening
• HIV/AIDS quick testing
• Employment assistance & vocational training; life skills development
• Legal services for disability determination & mainstream resource enrollment assistance
• Day Center Services – showers, laundry, phone, mail and computer access
The One Stop Homeless Services Center is supported by Baton Rouge’s “Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness”, a strategy adopted by the City of Baton Rouge and the Parish of East Baton Rouge. The project is located in Mid-City Baton Rouge, adjacent to the Saint Vincent De Paul Campus.