Capital Area Alliance for the Homeless & Society of Saint Vincent DePaul of Baton Rouge
GCHP Role: Owner/Developer
Budget: $8.4 Million
Location: 153 N. 17th Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802
The Capital Area Alliance for the Homeless, Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Baton Rouge and Gulf Coast Housing Partnership collaborated in a holistic approach to end homelessness in Baton Rouge by building a new state-of-the-art housing and services facility.
The One Stop Homeless Services Center, a vision of the Capital Area Alliance for the Homeless since 2004, represents an innovative approach to providing a full range of “Continuum of Care” support services to Baton Rouge’s homeless and those at-risk of becoming homeless, incorporating 36 units of permanent supportive housing within the facility’s campus.
Services available, both to the residents and day population, include, but are not limited to:
• On-site primary medical, dental and pharmacy services
• Outreach & case management
• Behavioral health services & mental health screening
• HIV/AIDS quick testing
• Employment assistance & vocational training; life skills development
• Legal services for disability determination & mainstream resource enrollment assistance
• Day Center Services – showers, laundry, phone, mail and computer access
The One Stop Homeless Services Center is supported by Baton Rouge’s “Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness”, a strategy adopted by the City of Baton Rouge and the Parish of East Baton Rouge. The project is located in Mid-City Baton Rouge, adjacent to the Saint Vincent De Paul Campus.